Friday, February 10, 2012

Chapter 12 - Pavement to Spa and top half of Vestibule Cupboard



February 7 - 8th 2012

This was pretty fast considering.  I guess the little furniture is becoming easier as I find little tricks to keep the pieces from ungluing or warping out.  I separated all the cupboard pieces and put it together rather quickly.  Painted and added it to the other half and then just touched it up with a little glossy varnish.  Looks old but sort of renovated.  The gold accents make all the difference.


The floor was very easy.  Just gluing the cardboard piece overnite.  This will be where the “pool” will install.  I’m pretty excited because I have been looking forward to making the spa.

I never got to Ikea because the more I think about it I’m going to have to get a piece of plywood cut to size which will be the base for the doll’s house.  That way I can move it or place it on a table or something without it coming apart.  Also, I if I’m going to wire the thing, I will probably need a small area to add a switch or something.  I like the idea of actually lighting the back of the house so you can see thru the windows or something.  This means the back of the house would not actually be part of the actual view but then, I don’t think it was meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment