Sunday, May 26, 2013

May Holiday, Berlin and the Pavement is Born

May 4  - 26th 2013

Sorry for the lack of updates.  My sister visited from around 4th May till the 16th so I have been very busy with other activities and unable to work on any projects during that time.

We did have a lovely time together and a great trip to the city of Berlin.  I had been there many years ago and was glad to return to see how the city has developed.  When I was there before, it seemed to be in a constant state of construction.  What I didn't know was that Berlin is ALWAYS in a state of construction.  The amount of new buildings and blocks of flats or just overhauling of existing squares or office skyscrapers is constant.  I had heard the reference to Berlin as a city that never *is* but is always *becoming*.  I think that is true. 
The highlight of the trip for me was to finally view the bust of Nefertiti.  Something I have been dreaming of since I was a teenager.  It was well worth the wait.  There was a special showing since it has been 100 years since the bust was found.  Fascinating!  I also celebrated my 50th birthday while there.  Even if I do not care much about birthdays or my age, it was very nice to celebrate in a such a unique city and in the company of my husband and sister.  We of course had a grand time at the HB Hofbraeuhaus eating lunch meats and various sausages and hot dogs and drinking liters of beer.  What more do you need from life?

I finally got back to some mini work today.  I tackled the pavement base for the dollshouse and must say that even if I am very pleased with the plan, it is going to take me a very long time to execute it.  Since this phase is necessary before proceeding further in the build, then I must excuse myself for a while as I carve out my pavement.  I've gotten hold of a wrist brace to at least avoid any damage from holding the dremel carving tool over long periods but it is going to be a long process.

I will leave you with this teaser.  See you when I see you !


No comments:

Post a Comment